7. Take pictures of everything surrounding and involved in the car wreck, just be sure and keep safe while taking the photographs. These photo's should include all car drivers, each car, truck, and-or motorcycle in the motor vehicle accident. These pictures should show any and all property damage, skid marks and the location on the pavement where the automobile accident occurred. More pictures the better. Don't forget your cell phone can probably take descent photos, but is it probably best to keep a disposable camera in your auto glove compartment. Pictures will help your insurance company determine how much you should be paid, so their value cannot be underestimated.
8. Schedule an appointment with your physician. Sometimes there are injuries right after an accident takes place, but many people who are injured do not realize it right after an accident, so see your doctor.
9. Create an auto accident diagram.
10. Before speaking to any insurance company representative, make sure to speak to an experienced auto accident lawyer first. In most instances the insurance companies will try to settle right away and unfortunately for less than you may need, especially when injuries with long term consequences are involved. For a free legal consultation regarding your auto accident, contact the motor vehicle accident attorneys at the Law Office of Steven L. Weiner & Associates. Our law firm has law offices located throughout California to best serve you and your family.
Call our law office toll free number now for a free consultation: 1-800-704-0151.
Motor Vehicle Accident Checklist - Place in Your Glovebox
1. Check to see if you or any passengers with you were hurt or injured in the automobile collision. Call “911” for medical help if anyone needs medical attention. If someone is unconscious, it is best not to move them unless absolutely necessary as moving them could compound their injuries. If you must move an accident victim, make sure to keep their head and neck supported throughout the move process.
2. Safely first - get out of the way of traffic. If your car does not function, turn on your warning lights or open your hood to warn other motorists in the area.
3. Call the police if the auto accident involves damage, injury or death.
Telephone Numbers: (Home) _______________________________________________________
Insurance Company: ____________________________________________________________
Policy Number: _________________________________________________________________
Coverage Limits (liability):________________________________________________________
5. Obtain police officers information:
* Name: ____________________________________________________________________
* Badge Number:_____________________________________________________________
* City: _____________________________________________________________________
6. Write down the car accident information:
Other car description:___________________________________________________________
Car License Plate Number: _______________________________________________________
Motor Vehicle Accident Checklist
© 2012 by Law Offices of Steven L. Weiner & Associates. All rights reserved.
Our California Law Offices:
1646 N California Bl., Suite 330
Walnut Creek, California 94596
California Street Center
50 California Street, Suite 1500
San Francisco, California 94111
1300 Clay Street, Suite 600
Oakland, California 94612
Gateway Place Center
2055 Gateway Place, Suite 400
San Jose, California 95110
Metro Gateway Center
1840 Gateway Drive, 2nd Floor
San Mateo, California 94401
5820 Stoneridge Mall Road, Suite 100
Pleasanton, California 94588
5230 Pacific Concourse Dr., Suite 200
Los Angeles, California 90045
4370 La Jolla Village Drive, 4th Floor
San Diego, California 92112
Exclusively Practicing Personal Injury Law Since 1979
DISCLAIMER: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Each personal injury lawyer and wrongful death attorney at the Law Offices of Steven L. Weiner & Associates provides comprehensive legal advice and lawsuit representation to clients across Central, Southern and Northern California, including Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Oakland, San Mateo, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Need Help? Call Today! Toll-Free